Who we are
At Care Projects, we rely on various information given to us from authorised parties to help us carry out our business. Care Projects take data privacy very seriously and will always attempt to stay within any laws concerning data privacy. Including, the general data protection regulation (GDPR).
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information is anything which identifies you personally, whether directly (e.g. your name, phone number, email address, postal address) or indirectly (e.g. information about your use of our services).
We may receive this information when you, for example:
- Complete any of the forms on our website, e.g. contact forms, application forms, enquiry forms, booking request forms, testimonial forms, newsletter or any other subscription forms, etc.
- Use Facebook Messenger or Live Chat on our website
- Post any information on our website
- Carry out any transaction on our website
- Email us, phone us, or contact us in any other way, including via social media
- Request a quote / place an order / provide us with information required for invoicing
In addition, we collect the information you give us about changes / updates to your personal information, contact preferences, etc, and when you report a problem with our website. The personally identifiable information could include, but is not restricted to: name, email address, telephone number, postal address, photos for promotional purposes, financial.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect certain information. We use Google Analytics on our website.
This is information about your computer hardware and software, such as:
- your IP address, your login information, browser type, browser version, domain names, access times and time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; referring website addresses.
Information about your visit to our website, such as:
- weblogs, length of visit, pages viewed, time on pages, flow through the website, the products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, actions taken on the website (calls, links, downloads etc), page interaction information etc.
We may also collect and process information about you from other sources, e.g. social media if you ask us to connect with your page / account.
Who we share your data with
In some instances we may use third party service providers such as agents, subcontractors and other organisations to help us provide quality, timely products and services to you. Please contact us if you would like further information. All third parties are vetted for quality.
We may use third party software / systems in order to provide our products and services to you, e.g. booking software, quoting software, invoicing software, payment gateways, donation software, email marketing software, etc. Please contact us if you would like further / more specific information on this. We will be very happy to provide it.
How long we retain your data
If you send us an email or complete a form on our website, the information will be stored in our email system. If you enter information onto our website, such as registration / user information, comments / posts, this information will be stored in our WordPress database. If you subscribe to a newsletter on our website, this information will be held in Mailchimp, email marketing software. You may withdraw consent at any point, and we will remove your data. Any website transactional data will be stored in WordPress.
We retain your data for only as long as we need it to provide our products and services to you, and to fulfil any regulatory obligations. When your personal data is no longer required, we will delete it from our systems.
What rights you have over your data
- Right of access – to your personal data – please contact us
- Right of rectification – we are obliged to correct or update your details – please contact us
- Right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to delete your personal data – also known as the “right to be forgotten”
- Right to restrict processing you have the right to request that we restrict or suppress the processing of your data – please contact us
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes – please contact us
- Right to object – you can object to us processing your personal data in some circumstances; you have the absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
Your contact information
How we protect your data
Our website is protected by an SSL certificate. When installed on a web server, an SSL certificate activates the padlock and the https protocol and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. (Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins.)
We also have security plugins installed on our website carrying out regular monitoring and providing protection e.g. from unauthorised login attempts.